I hope that someone can tell me how to obtain a copy of my GED. I am trying to get a pretty good job that requires proof of it, and I cannot find it for nothing. Please help.

Deleting Attachment...

hi   i gave my GED to my  mother as a special gift. u c none of my family ever graduated. i got sent to prison and got it there. so i sent it to her to make her proud. but now she has moved and i cant contact her from another state. I'm trying to get into this really good bible college but i cant show proof of my GED? i sure would like to know what 2 do... with out having to take it again.


Here are two contacts for corrections where you might be able to get another copy of your GED. Also, try contacting the state GED administrator where you were.

GED Contacts in Corrections

Federal Prisons
Ms. Huilan Larson
Education Specialist
Federal Bureau of Prisons
Department of Justice
320 First Street, NW
Washington, DC 20534
(202) 305-3808                

Michigan Prisons
Ms. Julie DeRose
Education Manager Michigan
Department of Corrections
Grand View Plaza
PO Box 30003
Lansing, MI 48909
(517) 373-3642

Here's a list of GED administrators by state:


Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

I need to obtain a officaial copy of my Ged from the state of michigan ?thanks

A Michigan GED transcript form can be downloaded from this website to get an official Michigan GED transcript:

I need A copy of My GED from New York State. How do I obtain one. Please Help! Thank You, Zonna
Hi, Zonna! You can get a copy of your New York GED diploma and GED transcript from the New York State Department of Education by mail. The cost for the diploma and transcript is $10, or $4 for just a transcript, payable by money order or certified check. The request forms can be found on the New York State Education Department website at:


Just download either the PDF or Microsoft Word form, fill it out, and mail it with money order or certified check. The address is at the top of the form.

Leonard Williams
The GED Academy

i earned my g.e.d in 1997 in avenal state prison and i was hoping i could get a phone number or any information to receive a copy ....thank you

If you took the GED in the Avenal State Prison in California, you likely can get a copy of your GED through the California Department of Education. You can get duplicate records through ETS (Educational Testing Service).

ETS - GED Records Center
P. O. Box 4005
Concord, CA 94524-4005

Toll-free 866-370-4740

If it's a different Avenal State Prison, let me know what state it's in, and I'll get you the contact information.

Leonard Williams
The GED Academy

I van Rivera
Hello, I recieved my G.E.D from Montarey S.H.O.C.K Correctional Facility, What would be the steps to go about getting a copy?
Thanks in advance for any help you provide.


Hi, Ivan! You might be able to get a copy of your transcript by calling the Monterey Shock Incarceration Correctional Facility directly. Their number is (607) 962-3184. Or, you can obtain your GED transcript/diploma by mail from the New York Education Department. The form to request a transcript is at:


It costs $4 for just a transcript, or $10 for the transcript plus a duplicate diploma.
Thank you Leonard, You have been of much help. I really needed this information because the Job I am currently applying for ask for a HS diploma or G.E.D.
Again, Thank you very much.


hi Itook my GED at stclair county jail last year i lost my diploma how do i get another one ?

Hi, Jimmie. I'm not sure which St. Clair County Jail you took your GED at... there are a couple around the country. Here's the info for the three I know of... let me know if it's a different one.

Go to the GED section of the Michigan.gov website at: http://www.michigan.gov/mdcd/0,1607,7-122-1680_2798_46108---,00.html
Download the "GED Transcript Request Form" (Word document) from that page, fill it out, and mail it to the address at the top of the form. There is no fee! If you have trouble, contact:
Ms. Amy Heckman, Departmental Analyst
Michigan Department of Labor & Economic Growth
GED Testing
201 N. Washington, Victor Bldg., 3rd Floor
Lansing, MI 48913
Phone:  517.373.1692
Fax:  517.335.3461

Contact the St. Clair County regional office of eduction at:

Regional Office of Education #50

(St. Clair County)

1000 South Illinois Street

Belleville, Illinois 62220

Phone: 618-825-3900

Fax: 618-825-3999

website: http://www.stclair.k12.il.us/

(The website's not really helpful for what you want... your best bet is to phone.)

Download GED Form 3 at this website: http://www.acs.cc.al.us/ged/faq/duplicates.aspx
Fill it out and mail it with a certified check or money order for $10 (plus a copy of your driver's license or other photo ID), or deliver it in person with $10 cash (bring your ID!) to: GED Testing Program, 401 Adams Avenue, Suite 280, Montgomery, Alabama 36104... they're open Monday through Thursday, 8:00-4:30 and Friday 8:00-12:00 noon.

Hope one of these is correct! If not, let me know what state it's in, and I'll get you the info.

I misplaced my GED diploma and I was wondering where can I get the information from so I can obtain it. I live in New York so if the is any contact info please let me know?

Deleting Attachment...