Stradni Tutt Show full post »
Where to get your GED depends on when/where you took it, and since you took it in Germany, the California ETS probably doesn't have it. U.S. military personnel who tested overseas after Sept. 1974 should be able to get a copy of their GED through the ACE testing service, and they have an online form:

For more info, check this page:


hi my name is annette eberhardt and i took my GED exam somewhere in FLORIDA in 1985 but where i live we had a hurricane in 1995 and it was destroyed so can you please help me by letting me know how i can get back my diploma . would like to thank you in advance.

Hi, Annette! The Florida Department of Education can give you a new copy of your GED diploma. To get a copy, you need to:
  • Send a written request (a letter) that includes your name, date of birth, social security number, approximately what year you took the test, and the city or county where you took it.
  • Include a $6 money order or cashier's check made payable to the Florida Department of Education for each copy you need. No cash or personal checks!
  • Include a stamped ($1.00 postage) 10x13 envelope, addressed to where you want the diploma mailed (you can get a transcript as well as a diploma mailed in the same envelope). If you only want a transcript, you can send a letter-sized envelope with a $.42 stamp.
Mail your request to:
    Florida Department of Education
    GED Testing Office
    325 West Gaines Street, Room 634
    Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400

They suggest sending the request via FED EX, DHL, or UPS.

The website for information is here:

For more information, call: 1-877-352-4331

I lost my g.e.d. a few weeks ago and i need it now for college. i took the test in pasadena texas. can you help me?

Hey Chris! For college, you'll need to request your GED certificate from the Texas Education Agency GED Unit. You can fill out the certificate request form here:

You'll need to fill it out, print it, and mail it with a $5 fee (money order, cashiers check or personal check) to:

Texas Education Agency — GED Unit
PO Box 13817
Austin, TX 78711

It takes about 3 weeks.

For more information, go to:

hey there!

my fiance took his ged back in 1993. he somehow lost it and now needs it for his passport application. He took the GED in Camden High School in New Jersey. I was wondering aside from Mailing it in the NJ Department of Education, can he get it from the high school where he took his GED? It also doesnt say on the NJ Dept of Education website how much the fee is. Is there any way to know? And can he go directly to camden to get the GED Transcript and diploma copy?

Thanks so much!


Hi! I believe that the state of New Jersey doesn't charge a fee for GED transcript requests. You should be able to verify this by leaving a message on their information line at 609-777-1050.

As far as getting the GED info from the high school, I don't have a lot of information about specific test centers in New Jersey. It's worth a try, though--many test centers keep records or at least have the information to get your records. It depends on the particular location. Call them at (856) 966-5100 to find out.

I took my GED test while I was in the Army in 1986. I was stationed in Hawaii at the time. I received a high school diploma from New Jersey, but it has been lost. How can I get a replacement copy? Thanks

You can't get a replacement copy of the actual New Jersey diploma, but you can get a diploma verification, which is official proof of your New Jersey high school diploma that you can use for jobs, colleges, or any other purpose. You can request it with the form available through this website:

That's only for your NJ high school diploma verification. Your GED transcript is different, since you didn't take the test in New Jersey. As active duty military personnel testing after Oct. 1, 1985, you should be able to get a GED transcript through ACE's online request form at: ... complete the form, print it, and mail or fax it with a $14 fee.

Elizabeth Burton

Hi i need a copy of my GED. It was taken in Macon County, AL in 1971 or 1972. I have contacted the Board of Education in Macon County and no-one seems to be able to give me any information on how i can obtain a copy of it. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

Hi! You should be able to get a copy of your GED for a $10 fee. The instructions are here:

The form you need is here:

You'll need to provide a copy of your driver's license for identification.

For problems or questions, the phone numbers of GED contacts for Alabama are here:



i have lost my GED i took the test in new bedford mass about 10 years ago and i am trying to take a cna course and they said i need it please help

Hi! Since you took your GED in Massachusetts, you have two options, and you'll have to check with your school about which one they need.

They might only need the simple verification, which is quickest (2-3 days) and has no fee. You'll need to fill out a form, available on the Massachusetts Dept. of Ed website, and the state of Massachusetts Department of Education will fax them verification that you have your GED. The instructions and form are here:

If they need a formal document, or you want one for your records, you'll want a letter of certification, which costs $2 and takes 5-7 days in addition to mailing time. Basically, you need to send a letter to the Massachusetts Dept. of Ed requesting a letter of certification, along with a $2 money order, and they'll send you the certification. The complete instructions are here: ... Even if your school only needs a fax, this might be a good thing to get and keep in a safe place for the future.



I took my GED test in 1989 in Milpitas CA. I have contacted ETS they have responded via letter that they were unable to locate me and have directed me to contact the testing center and or CHSPE. I have contacted the testing center in Milpitas CA they as well have no record of my transcripts and CHSPE as well has no record of me. Is it possible they have misplaced or lost my transcripts? What avenue should I take now? Will I need to take the test again? Please advise...

Hi, Dionne! Wow, you've contacted all the right places... it sounds like they might have lost your records... if so, unfortunately, you will need to take the test again. Were you in any special program at the time? The only other place I can think of that might have some additional records (like California Youth Authority records, according to the ACE website) or be able to tell you where to check would be the state GED administrator:

Lily Roberts
GED Administrator
State GED Office
California Department of Education
1430 N Street, Suite 5408
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 445-9438

Deleting Attachment...

Add a Website Forum to your website.