Several years ago I just stopped going to school altogether after I left middle school I never went into High School.

I also never dropped out of High School or called or socialized with them about what was going on.

I am 18 now and I want to get a GED or an equivalent and don't know how to proceed could my parents get in trouble for me not going to school? Or could there be another other implications.

State : South Carolina

I am just trying to grasp at something before I proceed into doing this hope someone can help me out.
Hi Tim,

   Now that you're 18, there shouldn't be too many issues. If your parents were going to get in trouble for you not going to school, they probably would have been in trouble by now. First and foremost, I do recommend you connect with your parents and get in touch with the school district to wrap up any loose ends and officially withdraw you from the system.

   Once you've done that, you can start pursuing a GED, if that's what you'd like to do. Really all you need to do to get a GED is pass the GED test. The test can only be taken in person at your local testing center. But before you go, you'll probably want to study first. That's what we help people with. We offer an online study program that will help you prepare for the test. I've put some links below that might be helpful to you:

Enroll in the GED Academy study program: http://www.passged.com/online_courses.php

Locate your local GED testing center: http://gedtestingservice.com/testers/locate-a-testing-center

I hope that helps, Tim. Feel free to write me at kirsten@passged.com or call me at the number below if you need help with anything else.

Kirsten Thomas
GED Academy
Deleting Attachment...

Add a Website Forum to your website.