I took my GED test in a county jail in Virginia back in 1999. Now I would like to attend college but I don't know who to contact to receive a copy of my GED, I have tried the jail and other places but where it has been so long ago, nobody has it on record what should I do?
Hi Austen,

Thanks for writing! To obtain your GED certificate, you should contact the GED testing service. They are the only ones who can issue your transcripts. Your state department of education will issue your certificate.

It is possible that your scores have been lost, since you took the test so long ago. You may need to retake the GED test. Please contact the GED testing service for more information.

Good luck!

Rosiee Thormahlen, Adviser

GED Academy

1.800.460.8150 |

Questions? Read the FAQ
Deleting Attachment...

Add a Website Forum to your website.